ALL the Information for Champs!
Good evening Dolphin parents!
Attached to this email you will find very important information regarding the Championship meet coming up this Saturday, July 17th at Cecil Field Aquatic Center!
Please read the attached parent letter thoroughly, as it covers ALL of pertinent information that you need to know.
A few highlights:
- Please read the updated COVID Policy about recommended masks in the parent letter.
- When reviewing the heat sheets, if your swimmer is listed in a relay as swimmer 5 or above, he/she is an alternate for that relay should one of the first four (4) swimmers not be able to participate.
- Unlike a regular meet, we are limited to one (1) relay per age group/gender. This means that most swimmers will not get relays. Individual swimmers do get three (3) individual events at Champs, so as long as your swimmer has a legal time in at least three events, he or she should swim three races.
- Leave your personal tents at home! Our tent is assigned 2 big tents to use. Bring chairs and coolers for the team tent. It will be hot in the tent and hot inside, so come prepared!
- There is a facility map and tent map included in the parent letter. Familiarize yourself with those if you have never been to Cecil before.
- No chairs on the pool deck.
- Concessions will be via food trucks. The options are included in the parent letter if you want to plan ahead. Make sure to bring your own water and snacks if you do not want food truck items.
- The Championship trophy as well as age group high point awards are given out at the end of the meet. Between the last race and the awards presentation, there are fun relay races between coaches so consider sticking around for that!
- If you ordered a Champs t-shirt, the remaining ones will be distributed at practice Friday of this week. If you won't be at practice, we will have them at Champs on Saturday and the banquet on Monday. Please bring your money when you come to pick those up. Exact cash or check make out to Durbin Crossing Dolphins.
Remember there are 2 different sessions depending on your swimmers age!! That means TWO different heat sheets (meet programs)
SESSION 1- Swimmers aged 11 – 18
Volunteer Check-in: 6:30 - 7:00 AM near ready bench
Swimmer Check-in: 6:30 - 7:00 AM at team tent
Swimmer Warm-Ups: 7:00 - 7:45 AM
Meet Start: 8:00 AM
SESSION 2- Swimmers aged 10 and under
Volunteer Check-in: 10:30 – 11:00 AM near ready bench
Swimmer Check-in: 10:30 - 11:00 AM at team tent
Swimmer Warm-Ups: 11:15-12:00 PM
Meet Start: 12 PM
If something comes up and your swimmer will not be able to participate in Champs, please text Kim at 904-652-5797 ASAP.
We could not be prouder of our swimmers this season. They have shown consistent improvement each week and we know they will do well at the meet on Saturday!
DCD Board of Directors